Thursday, June 5, 2008

Breaking News Off Seward Highway (no pun intended)

On June 5th, 18:53 Alaska time, people driving down Seward Highway in Anchorage witnessed a horrible accident. A green Kia Sephia collided with... its own hood! The accident resulted in shattering of the windshield and a large dent in the hood. The owner and driver of the car, who asked us not to disclose her name or haircolor, recalls that a few hours before the accident she made a deal to sell the car on Saturday.

Amazingly, some friends of the passenger were driving by. These individuals, by virtue of having a spare strap spared the owner spending some money on having the car towed. At a frightening speed of 25 mph (because everyone around is zipping by at 75 mph), the car and its unlucky owners traveled back to the headquarters where a memorial service took place...


Anyway... I guess I was too attached to this car to give it up to someone without first leaving a significant mark... I'll have to sell it as is; it has a ton of good parts in it. Bummer... Oh well...

Sasha and I were driving south on the Seward Highway to go camping. We had to camp in Dale's back yard instead. It's the company that really matters though, and Sasha and I are really getting along this week. He was amazingly supportive of me, and I would have probably had a nervous breakdown if not for his calm and thoughtful manner.

I am leaving tomorrow, and could not be more anxious.

1 comment:

Julie, Jeff, Jack, WIll and Jasper said...

YOIKES TASHA! That must have been so scary! I am glad Sasha was with you. Have a safe trip home xox Jul
PS. Jack LOVED his kite, so do his parents. Can't wait to try it out.